Description from the publisher
The Parque de Bombas de Ponce (Old Ponce Fire Station) was built as the main exhibit pavilion for the 1882 Exhibition Trade Fair. Architect Lt. Col. Maximo Meana of the Spanish Army designed the pavillion; he later served as Ponce's mayor. In 1885, the building was dedicated as Ponce's official firehouse--a function which it served for more than 100 years. The woodframe, Gothic structure exhibits a Moorish influence and is painted in bands of red and black. Today, the building serves as a museum honoring and commemorating Ponce's firemen. Photo credit: Dan
How to get there
Take road 52 towards Ponce (or Road #2 from Mayaguez). The firehouse is located in the Ponce town plaza.