"Terrible Experience with the facility and staff. "
Terrible Experience with the facility and staff. We attended a wedding on a Friday night at their facilities and that was excellent. What was bad about the rest of our 2-night stay is as follows:
1. There were no bell boys or carts available to take luggage upstairs.
2. The check-in process starts with an inventory of the fridge contents: what a waste of time. Can they just do the audit before people arrive? Anyways, that is how you are greeted, by already implying that would take refreshments out of the fridge and not pay for them (thats why they feel obligated to conduct an audit in your presence). They assume everyone is there to consume from the fridge for free.
3. The management does work weekends. When I presented that my rooms carpet was wet from an A/C unit not draining, they did not have another room and were very reticent in alleviating my health concerns for a moldy room. I Complaint of Friday night and by Saturday I had not have words with the manager yet who came in from her day off to talk. (She said she was coming at 0830 and two hours later she finally showed up). I am supposed to get my money back in three weeks. (In the end they fixed the A/C but the carpet was still wet and sticky)
4. The assistant managers have no authority to make things right
5. Every deficiency is sweep away by saying that this resort is government own and that is why things are what they are.
6. The luggage unloading circle (front of the resort) is permanently decorated with a JLG lift and three other employee cars. When I show up with a rental Taurus I barely had enough room to off-load my luggage. (picture enclosed)
7. Ice is available upon request ONE LITTLE BUCKET at a time. They sure dont make feel right about filling a small cooler.
I recommend the entire staff stays at a different resort to they can see how things are done elsewhere (even goverment run places do a better job)…
Pedro Lopez from Aiken, SC