The Serrallés Mansion was built in 1926 into the south side of "El Vigia," one of the rolling foothills north of Ponce's center, for Eugenio Serrallés, a leader in the local sugar cane industry.
Photo courtesy of the Puerto Rico Office of Historic Preservation
Casa Cautiño's owner, Genaro Cautiño Vázquez, was a wealthy Guayama landowner as well as a colonel of the Volunteer Battalion of the Spanish Army.
Picó Pomar Residence
787-825-1150 ext. 206
Built in 1840 for José Pomar, a wealthy merchant from Mallorca, Spain, the Picó Pomar Residence represents the austerity and elegance of the Spanish neoclassical style.
The Fajardo Lighthouse, located within the reserve, is one of many lighthouses built by the Spanish in the 19th century around the perimeter of Puerto Rico. This one is a jewel, both for its setting and the care with which it was restored a few years ago by the Conservation Trust.